Motorola Droid RAZR, MAXX Jelly Bean Update: If You Don’t Want To Wait
If you’re a Motorola Droid RAZR / MAXX owner and you’ve followed us during the past few months, you should already know the entire story about Verizon accidentally launching a not-so-finalized Android 4.1 update on the respective device(s). In case you don’t know the story then don’t worry, we got you covered (Just hit the link and voilà).
Anyhow, if you do own the aforementioned device then you might also be aware of the fact that Motorola has recently published the changelog for the Motorola Droid RAZR and RAZR MAXX Jelly Bean update, thus hinting towards an imminent roll-out. So what’s this “manual installation guide” about anyway? Find out after the break.
Motorola Droid RAZR, MAXX Jelly Bean – Install Guide
Right folks, no need to keep you in suspense so here’s the deal. The manual install guide you’ll find below concerns only -with a strong emphasis on the term “only“- those of you that have received the accidental Android 4.1 update back in December.
Indeed, Motorola has made this particular update available, specifically for those of you who have received the undesired update. Nonetheless, you can’t pull the files OTA so here’s what you need to do instead.
- Once again, make sure that your device runs on the “Christmas build”. That’s 98.72.8.
- Download the zip and place it on your RAZR’s SD card.
- Turn off your device and reboot it into recovery. To do so, hold down the Volume Down, Up and Power buttons while the device is off, until you see a boot menu on-screen.
- Use the Volume Down button to navigate the menu, highlight “Recovery” and press Volume Up to select the option.
- As soon as an exclamation point appears on screen, press both Volume Up and Down.
- While in recovery mode, select “apply update from external storage”.
- Find the file you’ve downloaded above and select it.
- Wait until the installation process is complete and, that’s it. Congratulations!
One last thing to keep in mind is that your handset doesn’t need to be rooted for this to work, so you don’t need to worry about such things. Good luck!
Oh, what about those of you who are still running on Ice Cream Sandwich, you ask ? Don’t worry, we haven’t forgotten you. Make sure your RAZR or RAZR MAXX is running Ice Cream Sandwich 6.16.211, download the Motorola Droid RAZR, MAXX Jelly Bean update and just follow the steps highlighted above. Happy Jelly Bean-ing!
Thanks Droid Life for the heads-up regarding the Motorola Droid RAZR, MAXX Jelly Bean – Manual Install Guide.