This will be one hell of a month. Why? Well, let’s see … the first Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich enabled smartphone will get released (yeah, the Samsung Galaxy Nexus), the first Beats Audio HTC powerhouse will arrive on the US shores (you guessed it – HTC Rezound), we’ll probably see the first quad core tablet in action (the Kale-El powered Asus Transformer 2) and Motorola will re-launch one of their most known brands – meet the Motorola Droid RAZR.
Motorola Droid RAZR Release Date
When we last talked about the Motorola Droid RAZR release date we were pretty confident that the smartphone will get released on November 10th. Why? Well we had a lot of pieces of evidence pointing towards a Thursday launch: a leaked Verizon road-map and a document that was telling us everything we ever needed to know about the smartphone (including the release date). If you add the fact that those who have pre-ordered the RAZR were notified that they will receive their device “no later than” November 10th, we though that Verizon was all set on unleashing the new Motorola device on said date.
However it seems we were wrong (or the carrier has changed its plans in the meantime) as we now have a few clues that make us think that the Motorola Droid RAZR release date has been bumped back one day: on November 11th.
Let’s take a look at them:
- a leaked doc according to which the “Droid RAZR by Motorola will launch to all channels on November 11, 2011” has recently surfaced. Check it out below:
- the guys at Droid-Life have received what looks to be a memo sent to Verizon representatives informing them that “one of the HOTTEST Smartphone’s of the year” will be launched on Friday.
We’re not totally sure about the legitimacy of the above pic as it looks really amateurish (not to mention the “Smartphone’s” typo).
- a Verizon Motorola Droid RAZR has recently been released that for me it’s as good as an official press release. The teaser confirms that the Motorola Droid RAZR release date is scheduled for “11.11.11“. Check it out below:
Motorola Droid RAZR
Ok. I’m sure all of you know what the Droid RAZR is all about but, just in case you were living under a rock, let’s take a glance at the smartphone’s specs:
- 1.2 GHz TI OMAP 4430 dual core processor
- 1 GB of RAM
- 4.3 inch (960×540) Super Amoled Advanced display
- 16 GB of built-in storage (up to 32 GB thanks to an ever useful micrSD slot)
- 1780 mAh battery (not removable)
- 130.7 mm x 68.9 mm x 7.1 mm (the camera “hump” adds a bit to the thickness though)
- 8 MP rear-facing camera (LED flash, 1080p HD recording)
- 1.3 MP front-facing camera
- Android 2.3.5 Gingerbread (with the Android 4 ICS update coming probably during Q1 2012)
For more in-depth info check out our Motorola Droid RAZR release date and specs guide (Kevlar, Gorilla Glass, Waterproofing etc).
Thanks Droid Life for letting us know about what it seems to be the final Motorola Droid RAZR release date.