A few days ago, some news made people go crazy, about how all the Asus Eee Pad Transformer tablets were sold out. But we’ve come back with an announcement from the company itself which can either ease your fears ( as prospective buyers ) or increase them ( if you want the tablet right now but you can’t seem to find it anywhere ).
ASUS is expected to deliver this month 100,000 tablets and next month 200,000 more, when the shortages are expected to end. Imagine what it would be like if the company would only ship 10,000 units per month, as it was originally suggested!
Maybe even these numbers won’t be satisfying enough, since the device had a more than great success at launch as in short time after that, there wasn’t any Transformer left on stores’ shelves; but let’s hope that the manufacturer will reach the goal of 300,000 units per month in the middle of this summer.
The reason for the sellout was not only the super low price of the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer that is roughly $400, but its first rate technical specs. If you haven’t found them out yet, you can check them out below:
- Processor: 1GHz dual-core nVidia Tegra 2;
- Memory: 1GB of RAM; internal storage: 16 GB / 32 GB;
- Operating System: Android 3.0 Honeycomb ( with additional ASUS apps );
- GeForce ULP graphics;
- Display: 10.1 inch multi-touch with a resolution of 1280×800 pixels;
- Cameras: rear 5 MP ; 1.3 MP front-facing;
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HDMI;
- Keyboard Dock – with two USB 2.0 connectors;
- Battery: 24.4Wh Li-polymer;
As soon as we’ll hear anything new about this “surprise-hit” tablet we’ll let you know.
Thanks Phandroid for letting us know about the latest news regarding the ASUS Eee Pad Transformer.