As promised, Sprint has started rolling out Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.2 update yesterday, February 21st. And as you probably know, the update is being released OTA, in waves, so that’s why some of you haven’t received it yet.
However, if you just can’t wait until the 25th ( according to Sprint, everybody should receive the update by then ) there is a simple way to manually download and install the Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.2.1 update. Got your attention ? Read below.
- Go to Samsung and download the Epic 4G Android 2.2 Froyo update ( click on the software tab ).
- Connect your Epic to the computer, mount your SD card and move the update.zip file on it.
- Turn off the handset.
- Hold “Volume Down” and “Camera” and then press the “Power” button.
- Normally, the update process should begin automatically.
- Reboot you Epic 4G.
If everything has gone according to plan you should be now rocking the official Android 2.2.1 Froyo update on your Epic, without waiting for your OTA wave.
According to Sprint, here are the main benefits of installing the update:
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 support
- Improved Bluetooth device support
- Bluetooth Voice Dialing
- GPS enhancements
- Improved overall performance
Thanks Android Central for letting us know how to manually install the Samsung Epic 4G Android 2.2 update.