If you have been patiently waiting for the launch of the Samsung Galaxy Note, it is time for you to rejoice, if you live on the Old Continent, as Samsung just recently announced the release date in quite a lot of European countries. So if you have been itching to get your hands on this beast from Samsung (is it a phone? is it a tablet?…both ?), your wait has come to an end.
Last weekend the Samsung Galaxy Note has been released in Germany and after the break we have the complete list of locations, carriers, retailers and, most importantly, Samsung Galaxy Note release dates .
• Germany (already launched) – Vodafone, DT and O2
• Netherlands (launched on the 1st of Nov.) – KPN, Vodafone
• Belgium (launched on the 1st of Nov.) – KPN, Vodafone
• United Kingdom (the 2nd of Nov.) – Carphone Warehouse, Phones4U, O2
• France (the 2nd of Nov.) – SFR, TPH
• Poland (the 4th of Nov.) – Plus, Mediamarkt
• Hungary (the 4th of Nov.) – Panon
• Austria, Slovenia, Switzerland (the 5th of Nov.) – Swisscom, MOT, Three, Mobitel, off-contract
• Spain (the 7th of Nov.) – Telefonica, Orange, Vodafone
• Italy (the 10th of Nov.) – Vodafone, Three, TIM
• Portugal (the 10th of Nov.) – Fnac, Worten, TPH, TMN
• Greece (the 11th of Nov.) – Cosmote, Vodafone, Wind, off-contract
• Romania, Bulgaria (the 14th of Nov.) – Vodafone, M-Tel, Globul, Vivacom, off-contract
• Lithuania (the 14th of Nov.) – Omnitel, LMT, EMT
• Denmark, Finland, Sweden (the 22nd of Nov.) – Telia, Telenor, TPH, Elkjop, DNA
• Serbia, Croatia (the 23rd of Nov.) – Telenor, VIP, TOP
• Czec Republic (the 25th of Nov.) – XSK, VDF, XEZ, ORS
There you have it folks, the Samsung Galaxy Note release dates for Europe. If you live in any of the above countries you can expect this month to bring the device to your network or retailer.
Samsung Galaxy Note Release Date US
While the manufacturer hasn’t announced an US release date for its tablet/smartphone hybrid some voices claimed, a while ago, that US will receive the Galaxy Note only in 2012. However, we since found out that there are hopes of a late 2011 US Samsung Galaxy Note release date.
Samsung Galaxy Note Specs
In case you don’t know about the capabilities of the mighty Galaxy Note, let’s take a brief glimpse at the main specs (for more in-depth info check our Galaxy Note Overview). The Galaxy Note comes with a 5.3 inch Super AMOLED HD display, 1280 x 800 pixel resolution, 1.4GHz dual-core Exynos processor, 1GB of RAM, Android 2.3 Gingerbread, 8 MP rear-facing camera with 1080p recording, front-facing 2 MP camera and 16 GB of built-in storage along with a micro SD card slot. Oh and let’s not forget about the interesting and cool S-Pen.
If this got your attention then make sure to head over to the nearest retailer or carrier offering the Samsung Galaxy Note. Stay tuned!
Thanks Android Central for helping us making this Samsung Galaxy Note release date guide.