It looks like Sprint might have picked up the pace when it comes to rolling-out updates on their smartphones. There is of course the long-awaited Android 4.0 update for the HTC Evo 3D, the Evo Design also received ICS and now, Samsung’s Galaxy S2 Epic 4G is in the process of re-receiving the Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich update.
Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich
As you may recall, more than two weeks ago the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch received the highly anticipated update, but the good news was shortly followed by an unpleasant one when multiple users reported issues with the update. That being said, Sprint decided to pull the plug and the OTA release has been halted. Fortunately for those of you who own a still ICS-less S2 Epic 4G Touch, Sprint has recently re-released the (we hope fixed) update.
Owners of the above mentioned device are starting to report that a new build has hit the waves and the number of those able to install it is growing fast. In case you haven’t received the update notification just yet, fret not, you’ll get there but it might take a bit of time. Until then check out some of the most notable changes below:
- A new, redesigned user interface
- ICS-specific features including Face Unlock and a new camera app that brings Panorama mode and new effects
- The web browser will enable you to sync Google Chrome bookmarks
- New, improved on-screen keyboard
- New Calendar app that gives you the possibility of syncing with Google Calendar or Microsoft Exchange
- Google+ integration that enables you to video chat with up to 10 friends simultaneously
- Android Beam
That pretty much sums up the most notable features so make sure you grab the update while it’s hot. We hope that no other issues will sneak by this time and that your device will be significantly improved by Ice Cream Sandwich. Drop us a line.
Thanks Android Central for the heads-up regarding Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich update.