Quite recently we’ve talked at length about the possibility that the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich update might drop pretty darn soon.
Samsung Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4 ICS)
Well, as it turns out, both Samsung and Sprint were able to deliver and Android 4.0 has recently gone live on the first Samsung Galaxy S2 variant to hit the US shores.
That being said, if you own a Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch you might want to check back after the break and learn everything you need to know about what you can expect from this latest update.
Now that ICS is live on this specific handset, make sure you check for notifications on a regular matter. You might have not received the update notification just yet but fret not because it might take a bit of time before it reaches you, since the deployment is done over-the-air.
Nevertheless, let’s take a look at some key features brought by this latest Android version.
- A better user interface
- Android Beam, an app that lets you share files between your handset and other NFC-enabled handsets
- Face Unlock
- New Calendar app
- New, redesigned Gmail app
- Google+ integration featuring video chat functionality
- Improved keyboard and copy-paste functionality
- Updated browser now lets you sync Google Chrome bookmarks
- Reworked camera app now lets you shoot pictures in panorama mode and add numerous effects
That pretty much sums it all up. It seems that the update brings lots of goodies to the Epic 4G Touch so grab it while it’s hot and let us know all about it.
Thanks Android Central for the heads-up regarding the Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch Ice Cream Sandwich.