Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception is one of the exclusive PS3 titles that will show up on the shelves somewhere in November this year. Naughty Dog, the developer of the series, has recently announced that the Uncharted 3 Beta release date is scheduled for June 28th for those who are subscribed to PS Plus or for the lucky owners of a beta code obtained from purchasing InFamous 2. Not to worry though, if you don’t fit in the above two categories of gamers you’ll still be able to try out this blockbuster as the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta release date, for the rest of the PS3 owners, is scheduled for July 4th. Be on your toes though, as the beta testing will last only until July 13th.
Naughty Dog has also prepared a detailed list for us, revealing the content that will be available throughout the multiplayer beta testing.
First thing we should mention is the fact that the level cap is set to 25. Now that we got out of the way, let’s talk about the game modes, weapons and everything else.
- While we’ll only have two maps at our disposal, the battlefield will be altered by various dynamic events. In term of game-modes, we’ll have nine multiplayer modes at our disposal, including six-player 3-Team Deathmatch and five-player Team Deathmatch modes, Plunder and team Objective, eight-player Free For All and High Stakes. Indeed we’ve covered only six modes so far but hold on to your knickers. There are three more co-op modes that won’t be disclosed until E3.
- When it comes to weapons our arsenal will include the almighty AK-47, G-Mal, RPG’s, pistols and Dragon Sniper. The possibility of weapon upgrades will also be there. You’ll be able to upgrade your big guns in order to detect enemies and to increase the clip size. The pistols will also receive attention, enabling you to upgrade their ammo capacity and their rate of fire.
- The character classes will include a treasure hunter and pirates, Drake and Sully. All of these characters will be customizable.
- There will also be a medal system that will allow the players to use pre-determined special abilities once a certain number of medals have been acquired. Although more special abilities will be available in the final version, the beta will only offer us four of them: Speedy G, RPG and Cluster / Smoke Bombs.
- There will also be a couple of slots and eight boosters. Each slot will correspond with four boosters and each slot will be host to only one of these boosters. The boosters include benefits like decreased spawn time, invisibility on radar and many more.
Another interesting thing we should mention is the fact that just like Uncharted 2, the sequel will feature Power Plays which are meant to balance out the game during a match, giving certain advantages to the losing team, increasing their chance at victory while the opposite team is dominating. Only four of these power plays will be found in the Uncharted 3 Multiplayer Beta:
- Marked Man – This Power Play will cause a member of the winning team to be marked, yielding 3 points each time he’s killed.
- Cursed – With this Power Play activated friendly fire is turned on and every member of the winning team will see every other player as skeletons. Each time the losing team scores a kill or the winning team kills one of their own, the losing team gets two points. However, the winning team will get double cash whilst the Cursed power Play is active.
- Exposed – The location of every winning team member is revealed to the losing team. While this is a major advantage for the losing team, the winning team will also benefit from more cash with each kill.
- Double Damage – Not much to be explained here. Losing team deals Double Damage whilst the Wining team gets double cash for each kill.
Overall, the Uncharted 3 Beta seems like the perfect opportunity to get an idea how the multiplayer part of this highly anticipated PS3 exclusive will play and feel like.
Thanks VG247 for the heads up regarding the Uncharted 3 Beta Release Date.