At the CES 2011 press conference, Verizon announced the existence of one of their newest ultra-powerful devices: LG Revolution. This is the first 4G LTE model of the LG company, meaning that, with this blazing fast mobile broadband Internet, users will be offered complete HD support for playing, streaming and recording videos with its powerful 5MP camera with LED Flash.
Even though it does not have a dual-core processor, LG Revolution still seems to be speedy. So, yes. Netflix app on an Android device, that fits in perfectly with the 4G LTE, with a download up to 12 Mbps and upload up to 5 Mbps.
Also, LG Revolution will ship with Android 2.2 ( Froyo ) and who knows, maybe LG changes its mind before the LG Revolution release date and will pre-install Android 2.3 on the phone. One can hope right?
All of these LG Revolution specs, combined with a voguish design, a large 4.3 inch touchscreen display and a 1.3 MP front-facing camera for video calls, will take the users of LG Revolution to another level of smartphone power. Also a welcomed feature is the sensor that will auto-lock the touchscreen when the phone is next to the cheek, while making a call.
Not all the LG Revolution specs were revealed, but from what we know, it can be said that this is one of the finest looking touch smartphones, and with the Verizon network’s high speed, it will compete with the best.
As for a summary, you can check the LG Revolution specs beneath:
- Operating System: Android 2.2, upgradeable to 2.3 Gingerbread ( with Google Mobile Sevices, such as Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Voice, and access to Android Market );
- Display: 4.3 inch ( 480 x 800 pixels ) capacitive touchscreen; Multi-touch Input Method;
- Memory: 16GB internal memory with microSD ( up to 32 GB);
- CPU: Qualcomm1000 MHz processor;
- Camera: 5MP rear camera with LED Flash, autofocus and 1080p HD video recording capabilities; 1.3 MP front-facing camera; features: exposure control, macro more, white balance;
- Data/Internet: 4G LTE – download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas; Bluetooth 3.0, USB 2.0, microUSB, Browser: HTML, Flash, Email, Wi-Fi, GPS Support;
- Accelerometer, 3D Graphics hardware accelerator, OTA synchronization;
- micro HDMI connector;
The price and the LG Revolution release date have not been yet announced, so stay tuned for more info. Meanwhile, you can enjoy the video below:
Thanks Androidcentral for providing the information on the LG Revolution specs.