4.7-inch iPhone 6: Extended Hardware Specs List Made Public By China Mobile
It’s getting closer folks! What’s probably the most anticipated smartphone of the year will soon be officially unveiled. However, even though Apple’s media event is incredibly close (September 9th, if you’ve been chilling on an island with no Internet connection) there are still a lot of unanswered questions.
Will Apple introduce both iPhones? Will the iWatch also be introduced? What hardware specs has Apple decided on? There’s no way of knowing for sure as reports, rumors and leaks have been claiming different things, but today we’ve stumbled on what might be a very important piece of the puzzle – the hardware specs of the 4.7 inch version of Apple’s upcoming iPhone. Interested? Join us after the break for the whole story.
If you’ve been following the mobile industry, you’ve probably already heard about China Mobile – the largest carrier in the world. After getting the iPhone 6 up for pre-orders several days ago, China Mobile has returned with info regarding various hardware specs of the 4.7-inch version of the iPhone 6. Check them out below:
- Apple A8 SoC with a quad-core CPU (we’ve previously heard it will be a dual core);
- 1134×750 resolution display with sapphire glass (countless previous rumors and reports have suggested that sapphire glass will only be available on the 128GB version of the 5.5-inch iPhone 6);
- 8MP main camera coupled with a 2.1MP front facing shooter;
- 16/32/64/128GB of on-board storage (not expandable, of course);
- gold/white/black flavors;
- iOS 8;
- dimensions: 138x67x7mm;
- nano SIM-card;
- waterproof and dustproof;
The carrier also goes on saying that the 4.7-inch iPhone 6 will be released on September 19th and that the 5.5-inch alternative will not go on sale on the same time (in line with what we’ve previously heard). And speaking of the larger iPhone 6, China Mobile says that its hardware specs are currently not available, which might also hint that the smartphone is not yet ready to launch.
What do you think about the above specs? While this is not an official confirmation by any means, it’s safe to assume that China Mobile would not deliberately mislead its potential customers, not when it’s offering the iPhone 6 for pre-order.