Today, there’s an ever-growing market of platforms that allow you to sell your stuff online. Whether you want to reach out to a wide audience or keep your market small and manageable, there’s a platform available. And it can be tough to try and narrow down on which site is best for you. Your choice may depend on the kind of goods/services, target audience, scalability, and prospects of profit.
Today, we want to break down one such option that’s gaining attention over the years and can change the way you shop and sell.
There are services like Shoppok that are free, community-based buy & sell service that helps people connect fast and easily. The service runs out of New York, but it covers almost every city and state in the country. Since the service is community-based, most of the business happens with people who are selling or buying near your location (within the same city or state).
These services have become one of the go-to websites for people looking to get a particular product or service within their community. It covers everything from personal goods and property to job offers and services.
Unlike big e-commerce platforms, this one allows you to interact with the seller or buyer in the vicinity personally. It’s a service that is renewing the individual and human side of good business. And if you’re a seller who’s looking for a practical selling platform, it might just be the best bet for you.
How to sell online?
Selling on this site is about as easy and straightforward as it can get. The interfaces are user friendly and easy to understand for new users. And you only have to enter some basic information and follow a few steps to get your product/service on the website. The best part is, perhaps, the fact that it’s completely free!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use the website to sell your stuff.
- Usually, at the top right corner, click or tap on the button that says ‘Post Ad Free.’ You’ll be taken to a form where you can enter the necessary sales details.
- The first thing to enter here is the category. Ads on the website come under different groups. And it’s important to select the right category here so that it’s easier for users to find your product or service. The categories include headings like Services, Buy and Sell (goods), Jobs, Housing, etc. Simply click on the desired category to continue.
- Next, specify whether you’re selling or buying. The two options here are ‘Offering’ and ‘Want,’ which are self-explanatory. Since you’re here to sell, choose the ‘Offering’ option.
- Next, enter a short but informative title and a clear description of your product or service. The title doesn’t have to be very long, but it should specify what the item or service is. In the description, you can add more information about what you’re selling. This can include info on the quality, used/new, quantity, color, type, etc. You can add anything that better informs the buyer or sheds your product in the right light.
- Enter your contact information for prospective buyers to get in touch. This info will include your address. The address specifies how people search based on town, city, or state. And your phone number or email allows them to get in touch if they’re interested. The phone number is optional, but you have to leave your email and zip code for the ad to work correctly.
- Next, you can add up to three photos of the product that you’re selling. If you’re advertising a business or service, it can be a picture of your establishment.
- Finally, click the ‘Post Your Ad’ button at the button, and you’re all set! Just sit back and get ready to reply to prospective customers who’ll get in touch with you.
Most of these steps are pretty self-explanatory on the website. And you don’t need to be an online business guru to fill out the form. But we wanted to elaborate on the different steps so that you’re more informed and can start selling right away. We hope this brief guide will help you get your first ad easily and without hassles.
If you’re wondering how this resource differs from other platforms, here are some of the benefits you will get by selling here.
The whole website and service are simple and easy to use. The intuitive features make it ideal for any seller or buyer to get the hang of it in no time. This means you don’t waste precious time learning new skills or operations. A little bit of common sense, and you’re ready to start selling or buying.
Community-based and localized
Since the service is localized, most of your buyers will be from your region. Unlike bigger platforms, you don’t have to worry or spend too much on shipping or mailing items. If you’re advertising a service, any customer you get is an addition to your customer base in your area.
Post completely free
All your ads are completely free in Shoppok. There are no hidden taxes and subtle fees that come halfway into the service. Even if you’re selling on other sites, it doesn’t cost you a dime to expand into this platform. Scalability is an integral part of growing your business. With this resource, you can immediately scale your audience and customer-base without any additional expenses.
Everyone has things that he has stopped using. These are the things that are a pity to throw away, but they take up a lot of space. This can be furniture, appliances, children’s toys, or clothing. Do not rush to throw these things away or give them to friends. Try selling them first. And thanks to the Internet, this fat is easy to make.